Concealed Carry Information
Applications and booklets can be picked up at the Sheriff's Office located at 350 Portsmouth St. in Jackson, Ohio 45640.
is a felony to carry a firearm into the Jackson County Sheriff's
Office, or any Jackson County building (s)
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office accepts completed applications from 9:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.,on Wednesday's. Applicants are taken in order of arrival.
Completed applications must be submitted in person at the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, 350 Portsmouth St., Jackson, Ohio.
An applicant must be a resident of Ohio for at least 45 days before becoming eligible to apply and must be a resident of Jackson County, or an adjoining county for at least 30 of those 45 days. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and not a fugitive from justice.
An applicant may be denied a license for many criminal offenses. Information on these offenses can be obtained from the Ohio Attorney General’s web site at www.ag.state.oh.us.
1. Submit a completed application form (download available from www.ag.state.oh.us.)
Renewal applicants may renew their permit up to 90 days prior to their permit expiration date and up to 30 days after.
2. Submit a certificate of firearms safety course as specified in ORC§2923.125.
For renewals, the certificate of completion must be valid within 6 years from the expiration date on the issued CCW permit.
3. Present a valid Ohio drivers license or Ohio ID card and the CCW permit, if applicable.
4. Pay a fee of $67.00 by Cash, Check, or Money Order. Persons who have been a resident of Ohio for LESS than 5 years $91.00. Renewals are $50.00.
5. Submit to fingerprinting necessary to conduct a background check.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office will attempt to notify applicants by phone when the application has been approved. If you are not notified feel free to contact or office to check on status. Allow 45 days after application submission to receive the permit.